Assistant or Associate Professor
School of Exercise Science, Physical and Health Education - Faculty of Education
The School of Exercise Science, Physical and Health Education is an academic department within the Faculty of Education at the University of Victoria. Our mission is to prepare professionals to transform and enrich the lives of individuals and communities by creating and sharing knowledge in the areas of exercise science, physical and health education. The School invites applications for a tenure track position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor. We are seeking an individual with a primary expertise in motor learning. A secondary area of expertise in sport pedagogy, sport psychology, or motor development is highly desirable. The effective date of the appointment will be negotiated between the successful candidate and the School.
- Doctoral degree in motor learning (or related field)
- Successful university teaching experience and evidence of commitment to undergraduate and graduate teaching
- Evidence of or potential for a strong research program in the area of motor learning and the capability to attract external funding to support the research program.
The individual will be expected to:
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses in motor learning and related areas
- Supervise the research activities of undergraduate honours students and graduate students in motor learning and related areas
- Establish a strong research program in motor learning and support research activies in one of the specified areas. Where possible, the research program should link to special populations
- Engage in the collegial governance and the collaborative research culture in the School
- Participate in the development of the Kinesiology undergraduate and graduate programs
A letter of application, curriculum vita, writing sample and names/contact information for at least three referees, should be sent by May 1, 2013 to:
Dr. Rick Bell
Director, School of Exercise Science, Physical and Health Education
- University of Victoria
- PO Box 3015, STN CSC
- Victoria, BC V8W 3P1
- fax: 250-721-8383
- e-mail: email@example.com
May 1, 2013
In accordance with the university's equity plan and pursuant to Section 42 of the BC Human Rights code, the selection will be limited to Aboriginal and Indigenous peoples. Candidates from these two groups are encouraged to self-identify.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, may contact Grace Wong Sneddon, Adviser to the Provost on Equity and Diversity at (250) 721-6143. Any personal information provided will be maintained in confidence.